Digital transformation

The biggest trend in tech today (and likely for the next five years) is the growth in data, and with it, digital transformation. Roughly 80% of our current datasphere was created during the last six years. More striking is that the size of the datasphere is expected to quadruple over the next five years.

All of this data will need to be collected and stored, connected, processed, analyzed and protected. As a result, there will be significant investment opportunities in cloud computing, 5G, AI, cybersecurity and more.

Two opportunities in particular stand out today: 5G and AI. Why is the opportunity for AI so immense? Because while data proliferates, only 1% of our datasphere is currently analyzed. AI will play a key role in analyzing the remaining 99%. Today, COVID-19 demonstrates how crucial AI can be to managing and containing a pandemic.

 

Explore additional key investment themes and megatrends such as healthcare innovation and sustainability.