We understand the personal benefits of owning a superyacht, as well as the beauty and craftsmanship it represents. As a recognized provider of yacht financing, we can assist you with your purchase of a new or pre-owned yacht, or unlock the liquidity in a yacht you already own.
As a recognised provider of yacht financing, we understand the personal benefits of owning a superyacht—as well as the beauty and craftsmanship that a luxury superyacht represents.
At J.P. Morgan Private Bank, we can assist you with your purchase of a new or pre-owned yacht, or to unlock the liquidity in a yacht you already own. You can benefit from our high level of diligence and experience, as well as our ability to offer flexible, cost-effective options that can address your cash flow, tax position and lifestyle needs.
Yachting is a passion for many of our clients. So they can spend more time setting sail, we partner to support them on all aspects of their yachting journey.
Why leverage a yacht?
- Find liquidity in a traditionally illiquid asset
Fund your purchase of a new or pre-owned superyacht through a bespoke financing strategy, or refinance the superyacht you currently own.
- Preserve your equity capital
Make additional higher-yielding investments, direct additional funds toward your business, or increase liquidity to meet expected or unexpected cash flow requirements.
- Maintain your investment strategy
Optimize and increase your assets without disrupting your investment portfolio.
- Diversify your sources of liquidity
Superyacht financing offers a different source of borrowing, potentially freeing up other secured lines of credit for more tactical purposes.
Guide: Considerations when purchasing, owning and operating a yacht
In partnership with some of the leading organisations in the yachting industry, Sam Cook, Head of Specialty Lending (Yacht, Aircraft, Art), J.P. Morgan Private Bank, EMEA, explores key questions to consider when purchasing, owning and operating a superyacht.READ MORE
Yacht Financing Services
As with specialty assets, the purchase of a superyacht brings together many highly skilled professionals. Our lending advisors have a consultative approach with an understanding of the complexities of building, purchasing, managing and chartering superyachts. We will help you consider the implications based on our knowledge of the superyacht industry and understanding of your financial condition, cash flow and balance sheet, so that you can make the right financing decision with confidence.
Financing a yacht purchase
Working with us, you can expect:
- Niche access and experience: In a business that relies heavily on relationships and trust, we can connect you to key specialists: leading shipyards, brokers and yacht managers, as well as legal and insurance specialists.
- Registry Guidance: We can help coordinate guidance on choosing the appropriate jurisdiction for registration yacht financing terms—in consideration of the Tax & VAT implications, chartering requirements and your financing needs.
- Efficiency and effectiveness: We seek a streamlined process, keeping you fully apprised of each step.
- Collaboration with your other advisors: We coordinate with your other trusted professionals to help ensure the best outcome for you.