How to use digital wallets
A digital wallet lets you add your card info to your mobile devices or online accounts to use in stores, online or in apps without the physical card.
Here’s how to get started:
- Sign in to the J.P. Morgan Mobile app
- Tap on your credit card (or – to add a debit card – tap your checking account)
- From there, swipe down to "Account Services" and tap on "Digital Wallets"
- Tap on the wallet you’d like to add your card to
- You’ll see cards you’ve added and those available to add
- Tap on a card to add
- Depending on the wallet, you may have to accept their terms and conditions
- See and use your card in your device’s digital wallet
Frequently Asked Questions
Storing your cards in digital wallets lets you make purchases quickly and conveniently online, in stores, and in apps using your computer, mobile phone or smartwatch.
Keep in mind:
- We don’t share your card or account information with businesses when you make in-store or in-app purchases using your mobile device wallet.
- We don’t charge a transaction fee for digital wallet purchases you make using a Chase and/or J.P. Morgan card. Message and data rates may apply, if applicable. Consult your digital wallet provider for info on fees they may charge.
We let you add these eligible card types directly from the J.P. Morgan Mobile® app to a digital wallet:
- Visa® consumer debit and credit cards
- Visa business debit cards
- MasterCard® consumer and corporate credit cards (PayPal® only)
We let you add these eligible card types manually in a digital wallet:
- Visa consumer debit and credit cards
- Visa and Mastercard business debit and credit cards
- Mastercard consumer and corporate credit cards
Chase Visa and Mastercard commercial credit cards are currently ineligible to use in digital wallets. Limitations may apply. Consult your digital wallet provider for applicable terms.
We let you use these digital wallets with your Chase and/or J.P. Morgan cards:
- Apple Pay
- Fitbit Pay™
- Garmin Pay™
- Google Pay™
- Samsung® Pay
- Tappy Pay
- For help adding an eligible card directly from the Chase Mobile® or J.P. Morgan Mobile® app, see our digital wallet instructions above.
- You can also manually add a card starting from the digital wallet on your phone or smartwatch.
- Starting from “Stored cards,” you can only add your card to PayPal at this time.
- Once you add your card, it’s ready to use for purchases.
1You can download a J.P. Morgan Mobile® app from the App Store or Google Play. App Store is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions. J.P. Morgan Mobile® app is available for select mobile devices. Message and data rates may apply.
Feature availability - and the steps to access features - may vary based on profile or account type, client segment, device and/or eligibility requirements.