A reliable, experienced trustee is crucial to ensuring your wishes are carried out, no matter how complex your needs are. With our team of seasoned professionals, you’ll find the fiduciary and asset manager you’re looking for.
U.S. trust services
You’ve been thinking hard about how you’re going to safeguard and transfer your assets to the next generation. For families like yours, that often means setting up a trust. But once you’ve decided on your structure and terms, you have another critical choice. Who’s going to oversee it? That’s where we make a difference. Because we have two centuries of trustee experience. Deep resources and capabilities. Objectivity. Accountability. And a profound commitment to the clients we serve.
Your trustee has a profound responsibility to you and to your trust’s beneficiaries. For years, decades or even generations to come. If you want the job done right, you need a trustee with the skills of an investor, accountant, administrator and a great communicator. Plus the integrity of a rock-solid fiduciary. Families have been naming J.P. Morgan as trustee for more than two centuries. Let’s talk about how we can make your intentions real for the people you love and care about.
How we can work with your trust
As sole trustee
- We take on complete responsibility for investments and distributions.
- We share responsibility for making investments and distributions with other individuals.
As a directed trustee
- We oversee all administrative responsibilities, and can also be appointed to manage investments or distributions.
As an agent for trustee
- A trustee hires us to assume certain responsibilities but retains final say on all decisions.
How we can help
Depending on where you are, how we work with you, and your structure and trustee relationships, we can do some or all of the following:
- Hold your trust’s assets.
- Invest trust assets in accordance with your objectives.
- Pay trust expenses and fees for services.
- Provide trust accounting.
Planning and advice
- Analyze your specific trust provisions and create a long-term administration plan.
- Balance the needs of all beneficiaries, including current beneficiaries—and sometimes future generations.
- Offer objective decision making and advice to you, co-trustees and beneficiaries.
Distributions and reporting
- Review and make distributions to beneficiaries as specified in the terms of the trust.
- Communicate the trust’s performance and decisions regularly to beneficiaries, co-trustees and third-party advisors as necessary.
Tax and legal requirements
- Monitor, interpret, comply with and apply state and federal laws.
- Plan, prepare and file your trust’s income tax returns.
- Maintain all trust records, and keep track of custody and legal ownership.
“A trust can last for generations. You need an experienced trustee who knows the true meaning and honor of being a fiduciary, and has the resources to stick with your family for as long as it takes.”
Capabilities are just the start.
We’re good at getting things done, but we’re more than just a collection of capabilities. We look at your trust needs with your whole financial picture in mind. And put together all of our resources to provide:
As part of an integrated team, we act as a central resource to coordinate services, providers and communications, to counsel beneficiaries and to mediate conflicts.
As one of the strongest and longest tenured providers of trust services, we offer valuable continuity. Across beneficiaries with differing situations and goals. Across jurisdictions seamlessly. And across multiple generations.
You’ll know that you have a professional fiduciary that’s subject to regulatory review and corporate oversight behind you. And an objective, independent source of advice at your side.
A smart investment in your family’s financial future
To us, each trust we support is special. So we give each trust our special attention. And we’re upfront about what that kind of commitment costs. We think it’s worth every penny. We think you’ll think so too, when you let us put our experience, knowledge and resources to work for you.
U.S. trust services
International trust services
For clients outside of the United States, we provide our trustee and trust administrative services from 25 locations across the globe. We can help you both take advantage of asset protection benefits provided by these jurisdictions, and meet all your home country requirements.
Delaware trust services
Our Delaware trust administration team is powered by 50 on-the-ground specialists who understand every nuance of local trust law. And can deliver every advantage of one of the world’s most favorable and flexible trust jurisdictions.
U.S. estate services
Picking the right executor—and the right team of supporting professionals—can make a meaningful difference in how easily and efficiently your loved ones will receive their inheritance. And how well your plans are carried out.
Specialty asset management
Our specialty asset teams help manage the day-to-day operations and preserve the long-term value of non-financial assets in your trust or estate, such as real property, private businesses and mineral interests.
Philanthropy and grants management services
U.S. clients looking to make the work of their private foundations and charitable trusts more effective can partner with our deeply experienced specialists.
Related & Recommended
Learn more about becoming a J.P. Morgan Private Bank client.
Please tell us about yourself, and our team will contact you.